Friday, March 19, 2010

Semi Permanent - Frankie Magazine


Frankie Magazine is one of Australias most popular magazines. Founded by Louise Bannister and creative director Lara Burke, Frankie combines interesting articles, beautiful photography and creative artwork to make a cross between a fashion and art magazine that speaks to a wide audience. It's a magazine targeted at women that even your average male hipster is not ashamed to read. - Semi Permanent-


I am not regret to spent my money to come this year semi permanent. Especially the first day and the first program was about Frankie magazine. I knew Frankie Magazine from one of my friend. She is a big fan of this magazine.

What I can learn from Frankie Magazines are the topic and designs they are putting. It is not same as the other fashion magazines. This magazine present them self in a different way. That is how I think., because it is not showing how female always be feminine, but sometimes females can be just simple. I can see how they putting the layout and all the photography taken in the creative and interesting way.




I was so impress with the presentation by Louise Bannister who showed me all the progress of Frankie Magazines and they history lines.

Before she finished the talk, she let her photographer who work for them about 3.5 years with her all concept and it was really cool.

After that, Louise end the talked, and she said, " It may have done by people, but it has not done by you." And I took my book and quickly write it down. It was something that I wan to hear and I can do for my future.

In my belief in design there always a copy right thing that I have to run away. So usually I spent to much time to think of a concept and try to create something new. It is good I know, but it just waste lot of time when I have never try other design. So, start now, I have more freedom to design.

Frankie Magazine/Publishing ( Australia ) www.frankie.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment